Who are we?
This privacy notice lets you know how Drainage and Water Searches Network Limited (Company number 08971110) will collect and use personal data and when we may be required to share such information with others.
DWSN welcomes your questions and comments regarding our policy on processing personal information. If you have any queries, please contact us by one of the methods listed below.
When do we collect your personal data?
The processing of personal data by DWSN is primarily limited to that of its employees. However, there may be instances in which we need to process the personal information of others.
We may collect your personal information if you:
- contact us via our website, by telephone, by email or post on social media;
- visit our website;
- wish to discuss the service provided by one of our members; or
- make payment on behalf of an organisation to DWSN.
Personal information we may process includes:
- contact information, e.g. name, address, phone numbers or email address;
- employer details, role and work location;
- details of your visits to our websites or apps, and which site you came from to ours;
- details of your interactions with us, by email, telephone or online;
- technical information about your internet connection, device and browser as well as the country where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, and any search terms you entered.
DWSN does not process special categories of personal data.
Where we need your consent to process your data, we will clearly ask for it and will tell you why we are processing your data. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your data for the purpose for which you gave consent. This does not mean that we will no longer process your data – we may still process your data if we have another purpose with a different legal basis.
Why do we need to collect and use your personal data/the legal basis for using your data?
The law requires that we have a specific legal basis to process your personal data. The majority of the processing that we undertake is carried out on the basis that it is needed to enable us to comply with our contractual obligations by delivering the service you may require. On the occasions that we will respond to a query you may have raised, we will process your personal information of the basis of you having given your consent. If we do not have your consent but believe there is a legitimate business interest to process your personal information, you will be informed and a legitimate interest assessment carried out which will be made available on request.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with our affiliated partners or sub-contractors if necessary to deliver the service you require, including our financial accountant Booth Ainsworth and secretariat Lodestar. However, your personal information will not be processed for any other purpose or disclosed to any other third party without your consent.
Please note that whilst you are able to object to your data being shared with these companies, we may be unable to provide you with the services you require as a result.
Whilst your personal data will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area by DWSN, there may be instances in which it may be by our partners and suppliers. If it is, we will ensure that they have the necessary procedures in place to ensure it is appropriately protected.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as little time as possible to enable us to deliver the service you requested, or as long as we are legally obliged to.
Our website lets you have full control over the personal data stored regarding your browsing activity.
This site contains links to other websites, those of the companies that form the membership of DWSN. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are leaving to visit another website. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of these linked sites for details as to how your personal information will be processed.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. Specifically, you can:
- ask for a copy of that information, free of charge in most cases.
- ask for information about how we process your data.
- ask us to change it if it’s wrong.
- ask us, in certain circumstances, for the data to be removed from our records.
- in some circumstances you can ask us to stop processing your data.
- in some circumstances, ask for your data to be given to you in a format that you can use to transfer to another organisation.
- object to certain types of processing of your data, such as direct marketing which you can object to and stop at any time.
If we refuse your request under the above rights, we will tell you why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
If we are unable to action your request we will explain our reasons why.
DWSN will not use the personal information we collect from you to market our services, nor will we share it with any third parties for marketing purposes.
If you believe there has been a breach of your personal data or that your rights have been affected, you may complain to the Data Protection Officer by writing to:
- Data Protection Officer, DWSN, 31A High Street, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP1 3AA
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting their website www.ico.org.uk, or phoning 0303 123 1113.
A cookie is a text-only string of information which a website downloads to your computer or device. They are used to make the website work efficiently or to provide information about your visit.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
We may collect technical data about the type of Internet browser and computer operating system that you use, and also which pages you visit and interact with. This information does not identify you as an individual and is used only for tracking site use so that we can improve our experience on the site.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and how you can control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us.
In writing to:
- DWSN, 31A High Street, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP1 3AA
Email us at:
Or phone our customer services team on
- 0203 126 6517
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website at www.dwsn.org.uk
This privacy notice was last updated on 6th April 2020.
Registered company address:
- Registered number 08971110.
- Registered address: Alpha House, Greek Street, Stockport SK3 8AB