Get involved and be a part of an industry group established to promote good practice and recognised standards in the production and compilation of the CON29DW searches.
Who can join DWSN?
Any company or organisation that can demonstrate they can do the following:
- provide full and complete responses to either or both the CON29DW Residential and CON29DW Commercial searches.
- meet the requirements set out in the DWSN Standards that ensure members:
- guarantee the quality of the data from the records that they have checked
- provide guarantees that demonstrate that the interests of the purchaser are safeguarded through redress
- meet the minimum standards required for handling complaints.
To support members in meeting the standards required, the Standards are underpinned by a range of compliance notes.
What are the benefits?
- The Network is a technical centre of excellence, providing a forum for members to share good practice and develop understanding on key areas that impact the sector, such as legislative changes or broader industry initiatives and how they might affect the provision of both CON29DW searches.
- It provides commentary, guidance and advice on all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the completion of the CON29DW Searches.
- The Network provides a focal point for liaison with the Law Society, lenders and other key stakeholders.
- DWSN provides representation to government, government agencies, lenders, the legal community and customers regarding the importance of the CON29DW searches and their role in the conveyancing process for residential properties and commercial property and land.
- It provides a forum to develop understanding across members’ teams on issues including customer service and technical areas, through workshops and online content, such as through the DWSN YouTube channel.
How much does it cost to become a member?
Membership is for a year. The membership year starts in April, but it is possible to join part-way through a year and the subscription fee would be adjusted accordingly. Subscriptions are based on the number of CON29DW searches undertaken each year.
|Number of completed Law Society CON29DW searches per annum
|1 - 1,000
|1,001 - 5,000
|5,001 - 10,000
|10,001 - 15,000
|15,001 - 25,000
|25,001 - 50,000
|50,001 - 75,000
|75,001 - 100,000